These are some examples of modern or casual phrasing. You might want to pull one or more of these phrases into your invitations or programs to make them romantic and more interesting.
- Boy met Girl… For the rest of the story, please join us on (date, place) as Jane and John celebrate their marriage.
You can begin this one in many different ways. Examples:
- Cat lover met dog person
- Tea enthusiast met coffee fiend
- Morning person met night owlCountry boy met uptown girl
- He asked, and she said yes… or was it the other way around? However it happened, say (names) are getting married and they ask you to join them.
- After so many years together, we’ve finally decided to make it official.
- The time has finally come for (names’) long courtship to end as they joyfully invite you to witness their exchange of wedding vows on…
- They have been swing dancing partners and fellow journalists, adventuresome travel buddies and movie buffs, but most of all, they have been best friends. Please join them as they become husband and wife…