Our Process is Different.
Ordering wedding invitations from Indigo Envelope is not a complicated process, but we do pay attention to details. Our wedding invitations process makes sure that you get the customized, creative, inspired invitation suite that you came to us for.
Fill out our design consultation form.
- Design inspiration sets our budget, and outlines the information you want to include in your invitation.
- Review the photo galleries of our original designs and our customizable templates from Envelopments, currently available at our Facebook page: tinyurl.com/IndigoEnvelope-Facebook (More photos will soon be uploaded from about 300 of our original projects from last year.)
- Send us a note with any templates or designs you like. If you use an existing template, your cost is usually $75-$100 less expensive than an original custom design, and your order can be handled more rapidly. We can easily change all template colors, for both paper and ink, without extra cost.
Work on your address spreadsheet if you would like us to handle addressing your envelopes or if you are interested in our fancy labels (available in hundreds of colors and many shapes) for your invites. You need to know your EXACT quantity of invitations, plus at least 10 extras, before we can estimate.
Come to our studio or schedule a phone call, review paper swatches, and start the discussion about how we can help make your event more meaningful, personal and creative. (If you cannot visit the studio, we can discuss your needs on the phone or on Skype and send you paper swatches in the mail.) We will pull out relevant colors and designs for your discussion. The major design decisions that we will consider are as follows:
- What architecture works for the project design, budget and content? There are plenty of choices, including a flat traditional invitation, Pocket Cards, PocketFolds™, Portable Pockets, Envelofolds™, Flip Cards, etc., all of which are custom manufactured for your order by Envelopments®.
- What paper and ink colors will be used?
- What kind of typography? We have thousands of font options.
- What kind of illustration? We have thousands of options. If we don’t have a graphic in our licensed catalog, we can illustrate your project. Sometimes, to save time, we acquire a licensed illustration through sources such as istockphoto.com. Some artistic couples even create their own illustrations or maps, and we use their original artwork in the invitation.
Our invitation projects have been inspired by many different things, including tattoos, the movies, an engagement ring, deer hunting, the music of the Beatles, swing dancing, mountain landscapes, beach destinations, Victorian pen-and-ink drawings, pets, and many other themes. Sometimes the inspiration is an engagement story or a shared interest. We recently worked on an event that took inspiration from retro computer icons and the couple’s Match.com meeting.
You receive an estimate from us explaining all costs and services. You also receive a sketch of the components and colors of your invitation, although the design won’t be completed until we receive your deposit.
We revise the estimate together if needed. With approval, we take a $50 deposit.
We make sure you have sent us all the missing information for your project. Projects with complete information are prioritized over jobs without all the information. You can send us an email or type all your information into a Microsoft Word document for us. We will edit and revise your text for style and design purposes. We will go through your addresses to see if we spot any obvious errors and give you a chance to correct those.
You receive one to three complete design concepts and then we revise the favorite one until your project is ready to print.
The project is now ready to print, so the proofs are sent to you for your review. The client is responsible for the final check of all the information. You send us a print approval form.
Many clients also hire us to assemble, stuff and stamp their invitations. About a week after you approve printing, your project is ready for pickup or shipping.
WE ARE NOW BOOKING WEDDINGS FOR SIX MONTHS OR MORE IN ADVANCE. When our calendar fills up, we simply stop taking new clients… Our clients tell us that they hire us because they love our color selection and our Envelopments products. Many customers want us to help them find ways to make their event a little bit more special and personal. They want to create details that everyone is going to remember long after the wedding is over. Finally, we offer convenient one-stop shopping; we can handle your design needs from save the dates to thank you notes if desired.